Green barley juice benefits abound: Green barley grass is loaded with nutrients. Vitamins found in Young Barley Juice:
Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C, E, K & more!
The barley grass benefits continue… just look at all the minerals found in young barley juice: Calcium, Potassium, Magnesium, Iron, Manganese, Zinc, Iodine, Copper, and Phosphorus
Plus, 20 Amino Acids!
The main reason many holistic practitioners recommend barley grass powder is for the alkaline boosting properties it contains.
And with 4 times the calcium of milk, green barley juice is also great for keeping bones strong!
The benefits of barley grass are too numerous to mention them all. Try barley powder today and see for yourself how barley grass juice powder can change your life.
Why Barley Powder? For the countless benefits, of course!
Young barley grass is one of the most nutrient-packed foods found in nature. It’s loaded with calcium, iron, and antioxidants. Barley grass is loadedwith every essential amino acid, plus over 10 minerals and 10 vitamins. Perhaps because of its immense nutritional value, Old Dominion University reports that barley was mentioned more than 30 times in the Bible, which means that barley has been a superfood for thousands of years.
Top 10 Benefits of Green Barley Powder:
- Improves energy naturally
- Rich in antioxidants
- Improves digestion & regularity
- Alkalizes the internal body
- Helps rebuild the immune system
- Provides raw building blocks for hair, skin and nails
- Contains detoxification and cleansing properties
- Contains anti-inflammatory ingredients
- Promotes clear thinking
- Has anti-aging properties
Of the 20 Amino Acids in Barley Grass … Here are some that stand out:
- The amino acid L-tyrosine has been used in other applications for appetite suppression.
- The amino acid Argine has been found in other applications to help heal wounds and naturally increase immune system strength.
- Valine, another amino acid, has been used in other applications to improve sleep.
- For more information on amino acids, refer to http://www.vitamins-
Vitamins Abound in Green Barley Powder…
- Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C, E, & K are all found in young barley juice.
So Do Minerals…
- Calcium, Potassium, Magnesium, Iron, Manganese, Zinc, Iodine, Copper, Selenium and Phosphorus are just a few of the minerals found in youngbarley plants.
And the crème de la crème…
Young Barley Juice Powder balances the pH in your body
- Cutting-edge research has shown that balanced pH levels in your body are the MOST SIGNIFICANT FACTOR TO LONG HEALTH.
- Most of the foods Americans eat (meats, grains and junk foods) knock the body’s pH levels out of whack. To re-balance your internal pH, it is imperative to eat lots of green, leafy vegetables every day.
- Having trouble eating enough veggies every day? Barley grass powder makes it easy! Simply mix one ‘green’ drink in the morning, and you will help re-balance your pH with all the alkalizing minerals and enzymes contained in barley.
The 3 Secrets to Choosing the Right Barley Powder
Not all barley powders are created equally. Some companies do the right thing and give you top-notch products. Other companies, however, are in business more for their profits than your health. To help you choose a barley powder worthy of your hard-earned money, we’ve compiled 3 secrets for what to look for in a barley supplement.
The First Secret…
Secret #1: Choose an undiluted, 100% pure barley powder
Not all barley powders are made equally, so be careful when choosing a barley supplement. For some companies, profits have come before your health which has led some companies to use tricks to increase their bottom-line by diluting the barley content in their supplement (and thus decreasing the product’s health benefits).
So what’s the trick?
Some companies include other ingredients besides barley in their products. Barley powder is expensive and can often sell for upwards of $75/pound. So what some companies do is fill part of their product with barley and then use cheap products to fill the rest of the bottle. The slap in the face, for you the consumer, is that these companies still charge top dollar for their product. The result, then, is that the company makes money hand over fist while the consumer gets an inferior product.
What types of cheap fillers do companies use to dilute their products?
The Most Common Are:
- Seaweed, and
To get an idea of the incentive that companies have to dilute their supplements, let’s quickly compare the cost of rice to barley. How much does a pound of rice cost at the supermarket? A couple dollars at most, right? And as mentioned above, pure barley can sell for upwards of $75/pound. As you can see, then, companies that include rice and other cheap fillers make huge profits when they charge $75/pound for something that only costs a couple bucks per pound.
Don’t be fooled by companies who say that rice, kelp or seaweed are added to give you a diversity of nutrients. These are all cheap fillers – so if a company adds these fillers to their products, then you should be paying a lot less for the product than the company charges. However, most companies will still charge you top dollar for their product. You now know the secret: The reason these cheap fillers are added is so the company can make more money; it has very little to do with adding a diversity of nutrients.
So how do you know which barley powder is best?
Look for a product where barley is the only ingredient. If the product contains other ingredients, then you aren’t getting your money’s worth.
The Second Secret…
Secret #2: Choose a supplement made from Barley Juice Powder, Not Barley Grass Powder
What is the difference between barley JUICE powder and barley GRASS powder?
When barley is juiced, it concentrates the nutrients and breaks down the cellular walls of the barley plant. A juiced barley powder has a much higher nutrient content than an unjuiced one.
So why don’t all companies use barley juice powder?
The juicing process costs money so some companies cut corners by dehydrating the barley grass and turning it into a powder, rather than spending a few extra dollars to juice the barley. These companies will still charge you top dollar, but you will be getting much less bang for your buck.
The Third Secret …
Secret #3: Choose a barley powder that does NOT contain the added ingredient Magnesium Stearate.
Why do companies use magnesium stearate?
Producing barley powder is a slow process. If the barley is run through the machines too quickly, the barley will clog the machine.
So companies have two options:
- The Healthy Option, which is used by the good companies, is to slow down the machines.
- The Unhealthy Option, which is used by less scrupulous companies, is to add a lubricant called magnesium stearate to the barley to prevent the machines from clogging. This oil coats the life-giving barley powder so it can move faster through the machines. BUT it coats the barley with a hard-to-digest layer of trans fatty oil. That’s right! Magnesium stearate is actually made by hydrogenating cottonseed or palm oil. The FDA has warned of the dangers of these trans fatty acids, yet many companies still include them in their barley products.
So… What Do I Buy?
The Best Barley Juice Powders Are…
- Freeze Dried, which is done to retain active enzymes
- 100% pure barley juice
- 100% Natural - Preservative-Free, Chemical-Free, and Additive Free
- Organically Grown
Below are some of our top-rated barley supplements:
Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12,…